Where do we start?
Well what seems to have quickly become a staff favourite shortly after arriving at board test (an event held each year for testing out all the shiny new kit), the Burton Malavita EST really stood out from the crowd, combining the Heel Hammocks full wrap of your boot for extra response and pressure dispersal, a mid flex range offering plenty of diversity across the mountain without sacrificing support, chuck in Burtons incredible EST system for total freedom of movement in your board and you are left with one ultimate freestyle machine.
Using a Asym Hammockstrap heel strap to disperse any pressure across the top of your boot the Malavita provides a better overall wrap of your boot boasting outstanding comfort and zero pressure points. No pressure points means less fatigue when going in hard allowing you to focus on riding for longer! Now with an all new Supergrip Capstrap 2.0 toe strap, the Malavita will keep your ankle firmly in place at the back of the binding while keeping the front secured.
The EST binding is the mightier sibling to the Burton Malavita Reflex and will only fit on Burton or Endeavour Snowboards with EST Channel System. The Reflex version however is compatible with regular boards.
The EST system is something designed by Burton for the EST channel system throughout the Burton range. First available to the public back in 2013, their ever increasing popularity over the EST and its super easy stance set up. Having such a small amount of contact to the board, the EST Channel system allows the board to flex far more freely underfoot for a more responsive feel. Now the vast majority of all Burtons range are using this tech to pave the way for this style on boards from beginner to pro level.
Burtons AutoCANT FullBED dual density EVA foam cushioning, settles your boot in nicely and assists in shock and vibration absorption, again reducing fatigue and making it a little easier on your knees! Remember these bindings are built for the upmost comfort in freestyle riding! Double take buckles make for rapid ratcheting, ease of use and a stronger hold not to mention it looks awesome too!
With Burtons highly raved about, freestyle binding, take your riding to the next level and don't settle for anything less. For only the best in response, comfort and style and I'm sure ourselves and the team riders of Burton will agree; the Malavita EST is your first choice of freestyle binding!
The Burton 2018 Malavita EST Snowboard Bindings tech specs:
- Single Component Baseplate Construction
- 30% Short-Glass/ Nylon Composite
- EST Channel System Compatable
- Canted Living Hinge
- Zero-Lean Hi Back
- Heel Hammock- Wraps the heel of your boot for a more responsive and secure fit
- Double Take buckles featuring instaclick
- Asym Hammockstrap- Spreads pressure effectively and provide ultimate comfort
- Super Grip Capstrap 2.0
- Flex Slider- Easier in and out and lifetime warrenty
- Double Take Buckles Featuring Insta-Click- Faster ratcheting, easier to use and stronger
- AutoCANT SensoryBED- Dual density EVA improves comfort and absorbs impacts and vibrations
- B3 Gel- The same cushioning found in Burtons high end boots for further impact absorbtion
- Re-Ground materials- To reduce waste and carbon footprint