We are looking for a new dynamic staff member to join our wonderful team on Hawksworth Industrial Estate in Swindon, Wiltshire.
Our business consists of 2 showrooms, selling a variety of extreme sports equipment both instore and online. We also run a busy indoor skatepark along with a café onsite.
Although this job will be fairly varied we are primarily wanting our new team member to cover our instore support, online picking and packing with stock admin and content creation. Therefore computer skills are a must (windows preferable) and good Maths and English are essential along with good content skills. You must be a quick thinker with plenty of initiative and having practical knowledge would give you an advantage, but is not essential. Being a team player is a must.
We pride ourselves on our great customer service so you need to be customer focused and a friendly “people person” who enjoys working with children.
Ideally we are after someone straight out of college or university who is willing to get involved and work hard alongside our existing team.
Applicants must have knowledge of at least one of our specialist sports and be eager to learn basic knowledge of the others. We are a rider run business and pride ourselves on our knowledge of the sports we sell.
You will be expected to work 40 hours per week including some weekends and occasional evening on a rotational basis. We run a variety of community events throughout the year which you will also be required to help with.
We believe that the right applicant will reap the rewards of working in this rather unique high reward environment.
If you would like more information about this job position then please apply on indeed. We will then send you a questionnaire which you will need to complete and return to us along with your CV. The questionnaire questions are below if you would prefer to email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers and CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Required education: Secondary education
Computer Skills (Windows): 1 year
Working with Children: 1 year
Customer Service: 1 year
Retail: 1 year
Required language: English
Required licence or certification: Driving License
Admin skills: On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being poor, 10 being great)
1. How are your simple maths and counting skills?
2. How are your reading skills? Would be able to proof read a document if we supply one?
3. How confident are you at writing? Would you be able to write a blog or product description for our website?
4. Have you had any experience using Photoshop or similar image editor? How confident were you?
5. Do you have any experience in skateboard or scooter maintenance? If not would this be interesting to you?
6. Have you ever worked with children?
7. Have you ever been in a situation where you have had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle this?
8. Have you had any first aid training?
9. How would you describe your present wrapping?
10. What activities do you currently enjoy doing?
11. Do you have any qualifications or achievements in any of these?
12. Which is your favourite?
13. Are there any activities that you would love to do?
14. Why do you want to work for ATBShop?
15. Why would we choose you over anyone else?
16. What do you think you could offer us?