Frequently Asked Questions
We hope the information below will give you a good idea of what to expect when you come to ATBShop Skate Warehouse. If you need any additional information then please give us a call or drop us a message.
We have some new FAQ after our re-opening following the Covid-19 lockdown. Please read these and notes added below:FAQ:
New Covid-19 FAQ
- How do we book to ride?
Booking is easy and is now all on line for track and trace. Click here to visit the bookings site. Make sure you make an account to see all available sessions and then add a rider or riders if more than one before you try to book a session; it will not let you book before you do all the above.
- Can we just show up?
Sorry but for riding No you may only show up without a booking for the shop to do some shopping. The skate park is all online and prebooking only. You can book on line in the car park if there is space but we can’t help you do this in store for contact reasons. If you need help call us on 01793 523244 during shop opening times.
- How old must I be?
Currently you must be 10 years or above and an experienced rider. Younger sessions will be following as we get used to operating the new, covid secure, skatepark.
- What is being done to Sanitise and clean the skatepark?
We clean the skatepark as we always have daily but we have partnered with a specialist company MicroSafe which have a 100% natural sanitisation fluid that kills 99.9999% of viruses and bacteria within 30 seconds of contact. This has been used worldwide fighting pandemics in hospitals and is more effective than bleach! Along with a special high power fogging machine we can completely sanitise the skatepark and seating area between sessions with just a 15min turn round! This does not leave any residue and is dry within minutes of application so the riding surface is not compromised. Being natural too it is safe for us to apply and be around. We will have a more in depth video and info about this technique as we are the first to use in a skatepark environment!
- When we arrive where do we go?
When you arrive please wait outside and as you are looking at the building walk to the left and queue up by the bike shelter. You will be booked in by being ticked off a register and then having your temperature checked, and a splash of anitibac on your hands and enter the park by the side entrance.
- What are the new rules inside the skate park?
- Please keep 2 meters apart or at least 1+ at all times.
- Please do not share phones, drinks or touch others property while in the park.
- We can no longer offer refills on water, so please either bring enough drink to last you or money for drinks on the day.
- We are no longer serving hot drinks or food; Only cold food out of the vending machine. Please where possible bring the correct change. You are still able to bring your own food and drink into the park.
- No hi 5’s, or fist bumps!
- No sitting or congregating in groups in the park.
- If coming into the shop or toilets area a mask or face covering must be worn.
- Can we still use the loos?
Yes 100% – walk round the building please use a mask for coming inside the building. Please tidy up in the loos after use and wash hands properly for 20 seconds.
- Can I have my parents/ guardians / mates come and watch?
Sorry no you must be dropped off outside as there is no space for viewing.
- Membership Discounts
All members that were current on 1st March 2020 have had 7 months added onto their membership. Once you have registered on the new online booking system please email us with your rider names and we can move the discounts onto your online account.
- Do I need to book to attend the park?
Yes, under new restrictions then we have to have online bookings only in advance. You can check the space in sessions on the booking site. Click here to book in.
- Do I need a consent form?
Yes. If you are under 18 then you will need a parent to sign your consent form as well. You can have an adult sign the online booking or print one off here and sign it before you travel. Download a form.
- Do I need to wear a helmet?
It’s compulsory to wear a helmet if you are under 18 years of age or if you are on a piece of sports equipment which you cannot dismount from, for example in-line skates or mountain boards where you are strapped in.
- Can I hire a helmet?
Yes we have loads to hire and they are £2 a session to hire or you can buy one in store and you don’t need to book for this service. – NOTE Sorry Helmet Hire is not available at this time.
- I don’t have a scooter or a skateboard can I hire one?
Yes we hire out scooters, skateboards and dirt scooters. They all cost £4 each to hire per session or just a helmet costs £2 to hire. All these prices are non refundable and you won’t need to book. NOTE Sorry Equipment Hire is not available at this time
- Do I need to wear any other protection other than a Helmet?
We always recommend wearing, knee and elbow guards but its not mandatory here. You can buy helmets and pads in store.
- I ride a scooter, is there anything I should know?
Yes, if you ride pegs they will need to be removed them before you enter the park. Also sharp axles are not allowed and you will be asked to replace them before you enter the park at your cost.
You will also need to make sure your scooter bars are fully covered at the ends, with no metal showing. If your scooter hasn’t a grip which covers the whole bar or bar ends then you will need to buy new bar ends or grips before you enter the park – You can buy these in store.
- How old does my child need to be to ride?
If they are under 8 years of age then we recommend them coming along to the parents club on a Saturday from 10am-12pm. There they can relax and not worry about any of the big kids getting in the way!- NOTE general sessions are now 10 years+ due to restrictions we are working to bring in special junior sessions.
- How old does my child need to be to be left?
We are happy to look after your child if they are 10 years old or above here at ATBShop without you being on site. However they must stay in the park and not leave the site as ATBShop can’t be responsibility if they leave the Skate Warehouse so you’d need to inform your child that they can’t leave the premises.
- How much will I need to pay to ride?
All the prices can found here on our booking system – Always check and book your session before you travel. Please double check on the day you travel as things can change.
Click here for times and prices.
- Can bikes be used in the park?
Not during regular sessions. If you’d like to privately hire the park then bikes are permitted with none or plastic pegs and plastic peddles.
- I plan to ride my bicycle to the skatepark, is there a safe place to store it?
Yes we have a covered outside bike rack so please bring a lock.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks on site?
Yes, we have an amazing coffee machine serving Latte’s, cappuccinos and hot chocolates etc. We also have a vending machine full of chocolate, crisps, snacks and sweets. We also sell a wide variety of drinks such as water, fizzy branded drinks and fruit juices etc. We have warm snacks such as pot noodles and cuppa soups. We also sell Ice pops in the summer.- NOTE: Limited cafe service now for hot drinks but Vending is available.
- Is there anywhere to sit and eat/drink?
Yes we have an area in the park with seats and an outside garden area in the summer.
- Is there a place to park?
Yes, there is plenty of free parking.
- I need my scooter/skateboard fixing before I ride, can you help?
Yes, we have a team of technicians who are on hand here to help. There may be a fee on fixing so please check beforehand. Please make sure you arrive ahead of your session to get it fixed.
- Can I buy parts for my skateboard/scooter or a whole new set up or complete?
The ATBShop Skate Warehouse has a massive selection of spares and accessories for all budgets. We also stock fully assembled skateboards and scooters. We can also make one off customs as well.
- Can I hire the whole park out for an event, birthday or meet?
Yes Prices start from £80 and are listed here. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment, give us a call on 01793 523244 to discuss your needs & requirements.
- Is there anywhere to go after dropping the kids off?
Yes, the town centre is a short walk away (10 minutes) or you can drive round to the Designer Outlet Village or big TKMAXX on Great Western Way.
- I have a question but don’t know the answer and it’s not listed.
Please call us on 01793 523244 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org