Burton Custom Flying V 2017 Snowboard
leaner, meaner evolution of the most trusted board ever
The Burton Custom FV Legacy continues answering to every rider out there who needs a truly gnarly board. Simply take a look back through history to find years of awesomeness all from one board!
The Burton Custom is a legendary board in Burton's hall of fame. The mighty flag ship ride that has glided through two decades of giving the people what they want from a board. Burton Custom Flying V is now as popular than the original camber profiled board due to its forgiving, catch free feel of a rocker with all the aggression, power transfer and response of the mighty camber! From our experience in board tests, the Burton Custom FV is still flying the flag of all mountain domination and being the swiss army knife of snowboards.
The Custom FV is both stiffer and faster than the Burton Process and gives you some serious power and confidence in your carves both on the piste and rocking back country. A responsive twin flex profile with 45* carbon highlights strategically placed making the Custom FV a very responsive and snappy ride that offers the precision and stability throughout the mountain. The Customs directional shape and larger nose makes for easy cruising when you want while being forgiving on the lumps and chopped up powder left by skiers.
This board is not ideal for a beginner straight out of lessons due to the stiffness from the carbon rods, to get the best from the board and to be enjoyed as it needs to be ridden and admired properly. If your a beginner wanting everything the Custom FV has but want a softer and more forgiving ride then check out the Burton Process FV.
Burton Custom FV 2017 Snowboard Features:
- Intermediate to advanced
- All mountain madness- Ideal for all mountain domination.
- Directional shape
- Flying V- The forgiving, catch free feel of rocker combined with the response, satbility and aggression of camber.
- Twin flex
- The Channel system- Offers a quicker and more precise binding setup whilst allowing the board to flex more freely underfoot than traditional inserts.
- 45* Carbon highlights- Increases snap and response of the board as well as reducing weight.
- FSC Certified Super Fly II 700G core- A stronger, lighter wood targeted in specific parts of the board for optimized performance.
- Dual Zone EGD- Engineered wood grains placed along the heel and toe side edges for added strength and durability.
- Squeezebox core- Thicker and thinner parts of the core for better flexation between the feet and on the tip and tail.
- Pro-Tip- Tapered tip and tail thickness reducing swing weight and offering better mobility.
- Sintered WFO Base- A premium grade base that has been infused with a specially formulated wax resulting in a more durable, super slidey base!
- Infinite Ride- Pre warn and ready to ride!
Looking to buy a new board but cant decide what to buy? Check out our Guide to Choosing a Snowboard