So we now have the GoPro Hero 5 Black camera! This is the latest flagship model from GoPro and leads the way in terms of technology and usability. It is quite a change from the Hero4 and 3 before it and GoPro have moved away from their classic design of silver camera in clear plastic case. These are the simple specifications we have now and when we have had more of a test with the camera we will be able to give more info.
We have a special offer running, Buy the amazing GoPro Hero5 Black camera and get a free 16gb SD Card to get you filming straight away.
Also check out the video below to see the info!
- Now the whole camera is water proof to 10m without a special case for scuba
- Still high specs with 4K @ 30fps and 1080@ 120 fps is more than enough for any action sports fans!
- 12Mp photos with timelapse and 30fps burst mode.
- Field of Vision Modes (FOV) SuperView, Wide, Medium, Linear, Narrow
- In built image stabilisation for removing camera shake automatically.
- GPS in built to automatically tag location data to images and video.
- Three microphones so the camera works out the best to use for clearest sound.
- Talk to your camera! Voice activated modes without pressing buttons.
- Bluetooth and wifi connection to make it easy to connect to accessories and phones etc.
- 2in LCD Screen on the back of the camera with simple menus to make it easy to setup.
- 1220mAh lithium-ion rechargeable swappable battery just like the old GoPros so you can shoot all day without having to stop and if you have spare batteries.
- Still compatible with all normal gopro mounts and accessories.
Those are the basic important specs but one thing not to be underated is the new gopro editing apps. These can take the videos you just shot and automatically edit them with music and pictures to give you a file ready to publish online in moments. So you can be taking some videos on the river/beach/mountain and then instantly edit and publish a great looking video to instagram or facebook or youtube! (as long as your phone has a data connection) This can also only get better as the software has quicker development than the camera hardware.
The GoPro Hero 5 Black camera comes in a kit with Camera, Lead, Frame Housing, Curved and Flat sticky mount. It does not come with a Micro SD card which it needs a Class 10 UHS-1 card, we recommend a 32Gb or larger card.