Probably our most popular board during 2016/17 season, we welcome you back to the wild West, Never Summer's free ride/ freestyle snowboard featuring a hybrid 'V' shape profile (the same used in Never Summer's Ripsaw) making for the perfect combination of all the aggressive pop and powerful turns of a cambered board but with the forgiveness that only a rocker can provide. This extremely versatile all mountain madness provides precision holds in hard pack and icy conditions, yet holds up beautifully slashing and dashing the pow and while on your way to catching some serious air.
The NS West comes with Vario Power Grip sidecuts for unmatching edge hold allowing you to really sink into those carves and transitions. Featuring a mid flexibility and an RDS 2 dampening system the West uses three narrow yet technical layers to absorb shock and vibrations caused during heavy landings, hitting rails or even riding through rough snow and ice. Another epic feature of this board is the famous Ripsaw Original rocker camber profiling providing the perfect blend of aggressive cambered edge hold, tremendous pop and energy release with the versatility and forgiveness of a rocker.
Featuring Never Summer's carbon VXR laminate technology, the West loads up and transfers energy towards the ends of the effective edge on the board in a V shape providing maximum pop and response during any torsional flexion of the board. Speaking of carbon, the Never Summer range all have a premium carbonium top sheet with carbon fibre styled finish that is chip and scratch resistant meaning you get a fresh board that stays fresh throughout the seasons to come! Never Summer's super light wood core uses a special blend of two different species to create one super light weight and highly durable wood core. An extended transition area keeps your nose out of the snow on the pow pow days while P-tex tip and tail protection offers a little reassurance if you where ever to encounter any objects in your path! Featuring the fastest base ever manufactured by Never Summer and exclusive to Never Summer only, we have a Durasurf sintered 5501 base which will give you the speed to really admire this boards level of performance.
Whatever you encounter on the piste, park or in the pow, the Never Summer West will se you through.
The Never Summer West Snowboard feature breakdown:
- All Mountain madness
- NS Ripsaw rocker camber profile
- True twin tip
- Durasurf sintered 5501 base
- Medium flex
- RDS 2 Dampening system -Three layer shock and vibration absorption
- Carbonium top sheet -Scratch and chip resistant top sheet
- Carbon VXR Laminate technology- Transfers power outwards towards the tip and tail
- Extended transition area -A flattened area just before the nose and tail for better float on powder
- Sintered P-Tex sidewall -For extra strength and durability
- P-tex tip and tail protection
- Bi-lite fibreglass -A strong form of laminate that offers both better and smoother turns
- Elastomeric underfoot stabilisers -Offers better stability at high speeds and also assists in better shock absorption
- STS Pre- tensioned fibreglass
- Low profile tip and tale -Increases overall contact with the snow offering better stability and more aggressive pop
- Vario power grip sidewall -Using multiple radiuses, NS have increased the amount of contact points for a better hold during turns
- Super light wood core -Sustainably grown and genetically modified Poplar wood, combined with Birch hardwood to create one badass, super strong, super lightweight and durable wood core.
- Carbon VXR laminate technology -Increases the power of your pop and your edges by seamlessly integrating with other technologies used in laminates.
- 3 Year warranty -No brainer...
Looking to buy a new board but cant decide what to buy? Check out our Guide to Choosing a Snowboard