Changing a Tyre or Puncture
Changing Tyre or a Puncture on a Mountainboard:
- Remove wheel (see reverse of wheel installation below)
- Let air out of tyre (unless already flat).
- Using a hex key undo the bolts holding the hub together. (Take care not to loose nuts and bolts). (or untwist hub if mbs twistars)
- Split the hub apart and pull the inner tube out.
- Check the inside of the tyre for spikes or debris.
- Repair the puncture as advised in cycle puncture kit.
- Put the repaired (or new) inner tube back into tyre.
- Pump inner tube up slightly so it fills the tyre and does not have any creases.
- Place hubs back together. (There is a hole for the valve to go through).
- Tighten the hex bolts back up equally ensuring the tyre and tube fit snugly and correctly onto the hub.
- Replace wheel back onto axle and tighten as indicated in wheel installation.
- Inflate tyre to pressure of other tyres.
- Remove wheel nut from axle.
- Slide wheel onto axle (valve stem pointing inwards).
- Tighten nut onto axle until it is tight.
- Loosen nut half a turn so that the wheel spins freely.
- Make sure the treads are fully though the nut and nylon insert.
- Repeat for other wheels.