Ozone Reo V4 Kitesurf Wave Kite
designed specifically for wave riding with true surfing at it's heart
The Reo V4 is designed by Ozone as the wave riding kitesurf kite and has great reviews from many of the best waveriders in the world. If wave riding is your thing this is your machine!
The Ozone Reo V4 Kitesurf Wave Surfing Kite is build with one goal in mind, to ride waves in the best way possible. Some other brands class the beginner kite as a wave kite and Reo V4 is easy for beginners but you would be much better off with the Catalyst if looking to freeride on twin tips. The Ozone Reo V4 is also not really for you if you want to air freestyle on a directional as again it's not for that. So what is it for? It's for traditionally ripping up waves with a consistent and confident kitesurf kite to get you in and out of the wave without having to think too much about the kite when you are on the wave. The Reo turns on a dime and floats back effortlessly hooked in or unhooked so if traditional wave riding is your thing then this is the kite to do it!
The Ozone Reo V4 has a low aspect three strut design to save weight and keep agility, ride towards the kite and it will drift back in the window confidently into position ready for response. The bar pressure is light to moderate depending on settings but is comfortable in the bar throw so always there when you need response without overly powering the kite. Check out the designer tech talk video lower down the page to get the new features of the V4 Reo from the man that designed it!
Built to Ozone's high quality as all their products in their own factory the Ozone Reo has all the quality without extra weight extras. The Reo V4 is still built tough to survive most crashes and relaunch quickly in the waves and hack it back upwind through the waves.
Related ProductsCONTACT PUSH AWAY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR OZONE REO
There are two safety modes for clipping on, The standard flag out which if you pull the release of let go of the bar when unhooked the kite drops to one line and normally is face down into the wind (great for self landing if needed). The other option is the Suicide which still flags out if the megatron is released while hooked in, but if unhooked then it doesn't flag out unless the chicken loop release is deployed. So if you drop the bar then the kite still has power. (not recommended unless knowing the risks, it's called suicide for a reason)
Ozone Contact Bar features are:
- Anti twist flag out line, manually twist off centre lines with spinning handle.
- Low friction centre core to reduce wear.
- Auto positioning chicken loop for hooking back in from unhooked
- Magnetic trim handle, stops the line flapping about when depowered.
- Pu covered trim line, significantly reduces wear and easily replaced.
- Comes in sizes 45cm, 50cm and 55cm.
- Can be upgraded to larger loop size separately for riders with longer arms or wanted more unhooked riding.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed